Excited to read this!
BookBub includes The Moon in the Palace in this stellar list titled historical women together with books by Margot Lee Shetterly’s Hidden Figures, Nathalia Holt’s Rise of the Rocket Girls, Patricia Bell-Scott’s The Firebrand and the First Lady, Marie Benedict’s The Other Einstein, Michelle Moran’s Mata Hari’s Last Dance, Martha Hall Kelly’s Lilac Girls, and others. Click the picture to read the article.
I feel very blessed to be on this fabulous list on Kirkus Reviews with Jojo Moyers, Helen Simonson and Nadia Hashimi!
Click here to read the article!
I had the honor to meet the mighty and kind RT founder Kathryn Falk, who asked me about my life as an author, how I came to the U.S. from China, why I wrote about Empress Wu, and finally what romance market was like in China. The original article was long; this is the edited post. If you wish to purchase the entire digital issue, click here.
Wall Street Journal’s China Real Time Report published an interview of me yesterday. I’m so thrilled! I had an amazing time speaking with the brilliant journalist.
Read the interview here:
I had the honor to talk about The Moon in the Palace and The Empress of Bright Moon with many inspiring women. I’m thrilled to share these articles and interviews here with you!
- What Happens after you sign the Publishing Contract? Guest Post on Writers In The Storms.
- An Interview with Weina Dai Randel, Author of The Moon In The Palace and The Empress of Bright Moon. Guest Post on History From A Woman’s Perspective: A Book Blog.
- April 28: How to Write an Original Novel Truthful to your Culture, guest post on Talk Supe Blog.
- April 17: Battle of the Bloggers, in collaboration with the funny Autumn Ashbough of WhenWestMeetsEast and the sweet Mary of The Ruby Ronin
- April 5: Born in China, Writing in English, on booksbywomen.org. Some thoughts of me writing English as my second language.
- April 5: The Empress of Bright Moon interview with Weina Dai Randel, at Tall Poppies.org
- April 1: On Sex Education in China’s Tang Era, in which I talk about my discovery of some face-warming pictures! Posted on Speaking of China.
- March 29: The Wall Street Journal China Real Time interview: Writing China: Weina Dai Randel, “The Moon in the Palace” and “The Empress of Bright Moon” by Alyssa Abkowitz
- March 25: Why I spent 10 years writing Empress Wu, by Weina Dai Randel, Celebrating HerStory on Read-A-Romance-Month
- March 21: An interview with C. P. Lesley from NB Network. Listen to the podcast here.
- March 18: The Story under the Stone: Empress Wu’s tomb at ChinaElevatorStories.com
- March 13: Fatal Attraction within the Palace: Why the imperial families are so messed up in The Moon in the Palace, a guest post at CrazyChineseFamily.com
- March 2: A visual review of The Moon in the Palace at MartalivesinChina
- March 1: An interview with Weina Dai Randel at Tall Poppies.org
- March 1: “The Moon in the Palace” — an interview with Weina Dai Randel, by Jocelyn Eikenburg at Speaking of China
- March 1: An interview with Weina Dai Randel, by Autumn Ashbough at When West dates East
- The Empress: an interview with Weina Dai Randel, by Brandi Megan Granett at The Huffington Post
- Interview with Weina Dai Randel with her new book The Moon in the Palace, by Mary Holloran at The Ruby Ronin
- The Empress of China, an interview with Nicki Chen at Behind the Story
- Four Things You Never Thought Women in Seventh-Century China Would Do — a guest post at A Writer of History
Library Journal Debut Spotlight: an Interview with Catherine Coyne